Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Home is people.

“Home is people. Not a place. If you go back there after the people are gone, then all you can see is what is not there any more.”
― Robin Hobb, Fool's Fate

 Today I baked some yummy pumpkin cupcakes with cinnamon cream cheese frosting. They turned out really tasty. Made like 100 cupcakes though, what am I gonna do with 100 cupcakes? Oh well.

Home is people.  I miss my sister and Ryan, not to mention mom and dad, but I will see Heather and Ryan in less than a month and that is a reasonable amount of time to wait!

“No one ever died from sleeping in an unmade bed. I have known mothers who remake the bed after their children do it because there is wrinkle in the spread or the blanket is on crooked. This is sick.”
― Erma Bombeck

I try to think like this when I start something new. I've been trying new crochet patterns and sometimes it's hard to not get angry when I get a stitch wrong or miss a loop.  I end up having to undo as many rows as it takes to fix the problem and then I have to go and do them again. It's crazy.  It doesn't feel so bad to make a mistake trying something new though, no matter how annoying it is. 

“Grief is a curious thing, when it happens unexpectedly. It is a Band-aid being ripped away, taking the top layer off a family. And the underbelly of a household is never pretty, ours no exception.”
― Jodi Picoult, My Sister's Keeper

I can't imagine a relationship more unique than the relationship between my family members.  My sister and Ryan have been there for me without question every single time I have needed them.  They believe in me and I believe in myself.  Despite all of our problems and circumstances in the past my sister and I will always have an amazing family.   We couldn't be more lucky.  As a sister, what more can you really want? I want to know my sister is safe, happy, and healthy.  While I know this can't always be the case, and we must finishing our grieving process to grow from this experience, we are only going to come out stronger and more motivated. This is our true beauty. 


Also, the kitten is suuuuuuuuuuuuper cute. Yeah, it is kitten time! She's sad because she had a rough day...vet trip....other incidents. She will be her crazy self again in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment