I miss the little things about my sister. I miss being able to raid her closet when I couldn't find something to fit me just right, being able to get her insight on the little problems of life, and I miss being silly with her. We are slowly learning a new way of life, a life without parents, but it is a process and I'm afraid we are at the tip of the iceberg.
Then again, icebergs are beautiful structures when you think about it. So are we.
I have made a plan for the rest of the year. It might not be a fully detailed list but I have a plan. I have a plan. I have not been able to say that for sooooo long.
I am so proud of Heather and I, for so many reasons. Heather finished college and was a good student from the first step she took in to the last step she took out, has always had a good sense of who she was (even if she hasn't always felt that way), and has an amazing passion for life.
It has not been easy and it will not be easy but we are survivors. We will start new traditions, take adventures together, and continue to grow and change.
I have another post in the works, but here is a little preview -
"There are so many ways to be brave in this world. Sometimes bravery involves laying down your life for something bigger than yourself, or for someone else. Sometimes it involves giving up everything you have ever known, or everyone you have ever loved, for the sake of something greater.
But sometimes it doesn't.Sometimes it is nothing more than gritting your teeth through pain, and the work of every day, the slow walk toward a better life.
That is the sort of bravery I must have now.”
― Veronica Roth, Allegiant
Sometimes all it takes is a little bravery to get through the everyday struggles, and it is necessary to grow as a person.
I think Heather and I have taken advantage of our opportunities to grow and that is another reason why I am proud of us!
No comments:
Post a Comment