Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Best of 2013

I have been working for what feels like forever trying to find the words to express 2013, but ultimately all I can think of to do is make a list. I was grieving throughout the year, but I still feel like it was a good year overall. I spent time with my boyfriend, friends, and stayed in touch with my little sister. Best memories/events/favorites of 2013 in no particular order:

...ran the Run or Dye 5k in St. Paul
...biked around NE Minneapolis on the Traveling Tap
...celebrated the weddings of several dear friends
...visited my sister and her boyfriend in Kentucky
...vacationed with my boyfriend's family at Half Moon Trail resort
...spent time in Wisconsin with my dad's fiancee and his wonderful friends at the Honey Lake Inn
...spent lots of time at my favorite libraries
...joined LA Fitness and started going to Zumba classes
...ran around Minnehaha Creek and Lake Harriet
...saw my first St. Paul Saints game with a group of friends in the 'Taco Bell Box'
...celebrated my 27th 'Golden' Birthday
...fell in love with a boy band (1D)
...wrote 125 pages in my 2013 journal (and realized I've been keeping a journal for over 10 years)
...developed a more serious writing practice
...saw The Postal Service live
...discovered some truly wonderful Youtube bloggers like Zoella and SprinkleofGlitter
...'quit' my job / started working part time as an independent contractor
...discovered new favorite restaurants: George and the Dragon & Sea Salt Eatery
 ...read...A LOT...

There were many more good memories, but the point is that yes, my dad died. I felt sad and disconnected and lonely throughout the year, but I also felt loved and supported. I learned how to rely on myself, and going into 2014 I feel healthy both mentally and physically.


No comments:

Post a Comment