Well, it's almost time to see Heather again, and I'm not even sure I've written since the last time I saw her...bad me. I need to step up my game! In only one short (but incredibly long feeling) week, Nick and I will be in Wisconsin, drinking beer, listening to country music, and enjoying an atmosphere full of fun and life. Sadly, it is also an atmosphere filled with the deep presence of dad's death.
I wish I could say it isn't going to be this way, but it is neither healthy nor productive to act like being in Wisconsin doesn't remind me of both the good times and the bad. I've never really felt the need to recognize these feelings before because I've always known that no matter what, Heather and I can and will make it through anything life throws our way, it's who we are- survivors.
There is no unique way to define the relationship I have with my sister. I could use the stereotypical "special" relationship reference, or how we're "best friends" but that doesn't even begin to describe the horrific events we have been through together, the truly sorrowful moments we have shared. Above the memories of those sorrowful events are memories of laughter, laughter we share in our times of grief and trouble, and that is a medicine from the heart.
http://elitedaily.com/women/big-sister-made-for-you/698206/
No comments:
Post a Comment