“I hope no one who reads this book has been quite as
miserable as Susan and Lucy were that night; but if you have been - if you've
been up all night and cried till you have no more tears left in you - you will
know that there comes in the end a sort of quietness. You feel as if nothing is
ever going to happen again.”
― C.S. Lewis, The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
― C.S. Lewis, The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
The best part of writing is that as long as you are writing
you can feel productive. Being
productive wasn’t exactly on my to-do list for today, but I always feel
productive when I put some thoughts down on paper, at least I’m documenting my
thoughts. That takes quite a bit of work. Most people don’t have any idea who
they are yet, and here I am, organizing who I am into words and sentences for
the world to see. Pretty productive eh?
Anyway, I found this quote (allowing with more to follow)
last night. I was browsing the Internet while the Troy and Nick were
raiding.
I must have read this quote 10 times last night, I seem to
get lost in it. This year I’m
learning that a lot of people (including myself at times) are dramatic. Humans are dramatic. This type of thing happens when so many
people look at different situations in so many different ways, with different
opinions about every aspect. It’s
exhausting; really, I’m surprised we can even get along enough to survive as a
species.
Not everything sad has to be devastating. There are whole
ranges of emotions some people don’t even recognize. We don’t know how to put anything in perspective anymore,
and that makes me sad. It’s not
devastating though. How can you possibly expect to live a happy life if you’re
constantly looking at the glass as half empty?
Unless you have ever been as sad as Susan and Lucy, you
wouldn’t understand. I will never
forget how deadly silent my house was after my mother passed. Three of us sat on the couch in the
living room staring blankly out the window to see the sunrise. We didn’t say word for probably an
hour. It’s a very dark
memory.
“I have learned now that while those who speak about one's
miseries usually hurt, those who keep silence hurt more.”
― C.S. Lewis
― C.S. Lewis
This holds truth too, no?
I know that silence for me was necessary. The thoughts that I have locked away
are there for a reason. I can
accept the things I cannot change; however, I still can’t change them. I am as at peace with them as I will
ever be, and that is enough. It’s
not that I don’t have the words to say, the problem is my mouth won’t let them
escape.
“Miracles are a retelling in small letters of the very same
story which is written across the whole world in letters too large for some of
us to see.”
― C.S. Lewis
― C.S. Lewis
You can find miracles wherever you look if you have the
right mentality. You have to look
with the faith that you are going to see something. If you don’t think you’re going to see anything, you
won’t. There will be a few who
will open their eyes for long enough to get a glimpse, but they’ll more than
likely shut them immediately upon opening. Some people just can’t handle the
truth.
Stories. Stories are always a good tool for learning about
someone’s life. Everyone has a
story. Everyone has a story to tell.
Everyone has a story, whether it is dull, dumb, dorky, or incredibly
inspiring, it is a story worth hearing. The challenge comes from going out and
listening. Listening is much
harder than speaking. And writing is much easier than speaking for some of us,
although I suppose I like to think of this as documenting, but that’s not the
point.
“Make your choice, adventurous Stranger,
Strike the bell and bide the danger,
Or wonder, till it drives you mad,
What would have followed if you had.”
― C.S. Lewis, The Magician's Nephew
Strike the bell and bide the danger,
Or wonder, till it drives you mad,
What would have followed if you had.”
― C.S. Lewis, The Magician's Nephew
I’m grateful that I don’t allow myself to have regrets such
as this. I know, especially now,
that I would feel like this if I hadn’t come to Kentucky. It was my deciding factor. I would have
wondered every single day what my life would have been like if I didn’t come
here to be with him. Take a look
at my life part 2 already in progress!
No comments:
Post a Comment